THE LAKE COUNTY VETERANS SERVICE OFFICE IS A COUNTY AGENCY. WE DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS RECORDS. YOU MUST SEND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS ALONG WITH THE STATE BENEFITS APPLICATIONS FOR PROCESSING AND ELIGIBILITY DETERMINATION. WE CANNOT LOOK UP VETERAN RECORDS FROM OUR OFFICE.
Services offered by the Veterans Services Office:
- The CVSO informs veterans, dependents, and survivors of their eligibility for benefits payable through the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Assists in obtaining addresses for benefits payable through Social Security Administration or other government agencies.
- Completes forms for benefits that may be payable through the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Completes forms and notifies the appropriate branch of service of the death of a retiree.
- Informs survivors of procedures regarding military benefits.
- Obtains supporting documents for claims by veterans, their spouses and dependents.
- Records original discharges (DD214) with the County Clerk’s office.